Based in Anaheim, California the candidate will be responsible for meeting with agencies and presenting the capabilities and products of Econolite Systems to key agency personnel.
The individual will also be responsible for managing key accounts and expanding the market within a specific region of the US. The candidate will be responsible for being the primary point-of-contact, from the field on all project pursuits within the region; they will assist with the formation of project teams, analyze requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), generate proposals, estimate project scopes, and provide project management support for specific contracts. The candidate should have a working knowledge of signal optimization, ITS design, integration, and traffic control systems.
The ideal candidate will have a 5 year plus experience in engineering, business development and/or account management. Leveraging their experience to cultivate relationships within existing agencies and utilize their engineering background in promoting Econolite services and products through a close working relationship with Product Sales.
• Serve as the point-of-contact for Econolite and key clients
• Review RFPs, RFIs and other requests for information, relative to department
• Generate proposals and presentations
• Serve as a project management resource
• Analyze plans and schematics for the purpose of making recommendations and proposals
• Conduct Systems services presentations, for business development or training purposes
• Assist the Product Sales Team in meetings to present and describe System Services to provide an overall solution for agencies
• Maintain close liaison and cooperative relationship with all Econolite’s sales and agent personnel and facilitate all necessary technical assistance
• Collaborate with Econolite sales personnel and distributors in the evaluation of project specifications and in applications engineering
• Review technical specifications and proposals to ensure system compliance prior to bids
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering preferred OR equivalent experience in Engineering or Account Management role
• 5 year plus experience in Engineering/ Business Development role
• This position requires a self-starter with excellent integrity and work ethics to work remotely with minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment or independently
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the traffic industry is preferred
• Knowledge and/or experience in Connected Vehicle technologies desirable
• Professional Engineering (PE) certification is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V - Non-Smoking Facility - Drug Free Workplace By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite can terminate the relationship “at will.” In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn and/or terminated if employed.
SAVING LIVES THROUGH IMPROVED MOBILITY
BUILDING A SAFER, CONNECTED WORLD
Econolite® is an innovator of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions, products, and services. Econolite is committed to employing advanced technologies that reduce travel time, ease congestion, enhance transit operations, provide safer mobility, and improve quality of life. The company’s mission and brand promise reflect its unwavering commitment to providing transportation agencies with solutions that increase roadway efficiencies.