The Junior Lighting Designer is an aspiring, talented individual with a creative drive and who possess a team player attitude. They should encompass technical and artistic skills as well as be eager to deliver exciting and unique projects. This budding professional will assist in all aspects of projects and play a key role in ensuring design is clearly expressed, studied and documented. Ready to work in an open, collaborative, studio environment, the Junior Lighting Designer will quickly make themselves a key asset on a growing, productive and driven team.
MRD offers a full benefit package, combined with a team oriented working environment. Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
* Degree in Lighting Design (architectural) or Architecture / Interior Design
* 1 - 2 years professional experience in a lighting or design studio
…. or ….
* 3 - 5 years minimum professional experience in the field of architectural lighting design
* Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD is mandatory
* Thorough knowledge of AGI32 a plus
* Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign) is mandatory
* Knowledge of Revit is a plus
* Willingness to learn
* Ability to travel (domestic and international) as projects require (must have current passport)
Michael Riotto Design, Inc. (MRD) is a unique lighting-design firm based in New York City. Our background includes architectural and entertainment lighting and everything in-between. MRD is known as a turnkey Lighting Design-Build firm, specializing in hospitality, cruise ship, retail, and architainment projects both small and large scale. We are committed to seeing each and every project reach the initial goals set forth through the close collaboration with our clients and ensuring the designs are on budget and on-schedule.