The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Civil EIT/PE will assist the team by performing the routine aspects of rail related civil engineering assignments; subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Civil EIT/PE will design various rail related design items, as well as miscellaneous transportation structures, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Provides project cost estimating.
- Produces accurate and complete construction plans and specifications.
- Attends design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.